Divorce Solutions

Question #99

Got married in Florida about seven years ago. Three years ago, my wife left for NY, where her family is and never came back. So I filed for a divorce, and she never responded after several attempts to serve her the papers and even posting in the newspaper where she lived. So the judge finally finalized the divorce. Now I am being ordered to court in NY for spousal support or maintenance? Can this be done as we have never lived in NY as a married couple, and the divorce is already final in FL?