Divorce Solutions

Question #4

My husband and I live in California. He filed for divorce about eight months ago, and now we have reconciled, and he is moving back into our home. The divorce wasn’t finalized, no financial documents were ever filed. Do we need to do anything to stop the proceedings? If so, what. Thank you.

Your husband should make a motion with the court in which he filed the original suit requesting that the complaint for divorce be withdrawn with prejudice. By doing so, the case will be taken off the court’s calendar and removed entirely. Otherwise, you will still have the case pending in court and will not have finalized your reconciliation.
Good luck!

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions