Divorce Solutions

Question #237

I am separated from my husband for several years now. We use to live in the USA, we are both citizens and got married in City Hall, New York. We currently reside in Ireland. I want to know can I get a divorce in the USA? 

I do not know what the jurisdictional requirements of Ireland are to file there, but New York requires that you be living in NYS for between one and two years (depending on certain factors) just before filing for it to have jurisdiction.

If you are living in Ireland for several years, you should file in Ireland.

Leonard Weiner, Esq. Divorce Solutions