Divorce Solutions

Question #207

 I was married for 26 years in New York, and we both signed a separation agreement in NY. I have since moved to Maryland, and he is going to North Carolina. Our attorneys are in New York. Can we still file in NY without an address there? Is there a time limit from the time you moved to file for a divorce in the state where you were married for 26 years? Thank you.

You must be a present resident of NY State for one year before NY will have jurisdiction. If you are both living in a different state,
you will have to check to see what residency requirements are necessary for your present state of residence; each state is different.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions