Divorce Solutions

Question #176

 I was married in May 2005. My husband was deported to his home country of India in 2007 but is now legally residing in the Dominican Republic. He just recently admitted he committed adultery and is now living with the person. Even though he asked for a divorce, he will not sign the papers if I try to serve it to him. Can I obtain a divorce without his signature? Right now I reside in NYC.

He does not have to sign, but he must be served with a summons and complaint.

If you can track down his whereabouts, you can get a process server to serve them where he is located.

Once he is served, he must either answer or default.

Please give me a call at 212-370-1660 to arrange for an appointment to discuss the matter at further length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq. /Divorce Solutions