Divorce Solutions

Question #167

My wife has moved overseas in Turkey; it’s been a year since we’ve been separated, she won’t come back to states, how do I file for a divorce, or can it just be dissolved? Plz Help.

The marriage cannot simply be dissolved. You must file for divorce and must serve your wife with a summons and complaint for divorce.

This can be done by service overseas in Turkey, if necessary.
If she is cooperative and agrees to get divorced, we can have her waive service and file an uncontested divorce.

If you are living in the New York City metropolitan area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter at greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./ Divorce Solutions