Divorce Solutions

Question #141

My friend in NY has been married for about one year and ten months. He has been living apart from her husband for seven months now. No legal separation has been filed yet (she did know she needed it). But she would like to get a final divorce as soon a possible, as she would like to move on with her life. Is there a way that she would not have to wait a full year? And if she does have to wait the year after the separation papers have been filed, is she free to see other people during that year? 

She does not have to wait a year. It is a common misconception people have.
If both parties are ready to move on, we can file for divorce immediately.
If your friend is living in the NYC metro area, have her call me at 212-370-1660
to arrange for a meeting to discuss the matter at greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions