Question #113: Here is me problem.I was married to my husband for 10 years.Last march he started an affair I found out about it in may and and he moved out on me and our 2 children in jaune .we are not legal separated yet but he is now living with his girlfriend.I do not want to go though the legal spration I just want the divorce so I can move on with my life and start dating.what can I do and how much will it cost for the divorce I do not have alot of money at all as he left me with all the bills and the house and kids.we have child support set up with nt child support. Thanks

Unfortunately, these matters must be handled properly by an experienced matrimonial attorney in order to make sure that the problems do not come back to haunt you later on in life. The separation agreement is the first part of the process , and basically spells out all of the understandings between the parties such as, who is going to be responsible for the support of the children, who is going to be the resident parent, how much spousal support will be provided, how will the marital debts be paid off, who will cover the cost of the mortgage or the rent on the family house , etc. In addition , there are numerous documents that have to be prepared to file for the divorce.

If your spouse is cooperating in the process, it will take much less time and cost much less money. My fee is presently $375 per hour. The total cost is a function of how my hours it takes us to go through all the issues as described above , and to reach some kind of understanding between the parties regarding these matters.

If you are living in the New York City metropolitan area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter at greater life.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions