Divorce Solutions

Question #84

I had been married to a man from ivory coast Africa. During our immigration interview, it was told to me that he was married in his country. My husband denied the marriage and signed I believe to be affidavit stating he had never been married in his country. Several weeks went by, and a response was given by immigration stating that he is married in his country. can I get an annulment or a divorce since we only been married for eight months, or is that his marriage to me is voided. Must I still go through the proceedings?

If you can prove that your spouse was married already at the time he married you, you have grounds for an annulment.

You must file for an Annulment -it is not just voided.

If you are located in the NYC metro area, please call me to arrange for a meeting to discuss the matter in greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions