Divorce Solutions

Question #59

When a New York resident wants to file for a divorce from a marriage that took place in Ontario, Canada (where the husband still lives), what are the proper steps to take?

If you were married in NY and are living in NY for more than a year or the grounds upon which you are basing your divorce took place in NY, or if you alone are living in NY for two years, you can file in NY. If you are located in the NYC metro area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq / Divorce Solutions