Divorce Solutions

Question #53

I have been living with a friend for the last year since my husband left me two years ago. I work off the books since I don’t have too many skills. I pay my friend in cash, and most times, she gives me a receipt. I am interested in getting an uncontested divorce. There are no children or property assets. He also agreed since he wants to marry his new girlfriend. What can I use to show NY residency since I don’t drive, and I don’t use credit cards? Please advise.

If both of you are in agreement about the divorce and no one will contest your claim of New York residency, you will not have to prove your residency and your sworn statement to the effect that you have been residing in NY for the last year will be enough. If you are located in the NYC metro area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the possibility of mediating your divorce.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq. /Divorce Solutiuons