Divorce Solutions

Question #52

DIVORCE What should I do if I want to get divorced and my spouse resides in another country? He left me more than a year ago, and I’m pretty sure he will agree with the divorce. 

You may file for divorce in the state in which you are living. Your spouse doesn’t need to be present, but you will have to serve him with a summons and complaint.
If you are living in the New York City metropolitan area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter at greater length.
Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions