Divorce Solutions

Question #32

My husband and I have only been married months, but both agree it was a mistake. We have no children, property, assets, etc. in common. What’s the best way to approach an uncontested divorce in NYC? We reside in Queens. 

You will still have to enter into a Separation Agreement and file divorce papers. Because of the short duration of the marriage and the absence of children and assets, the agreement should be relatively short, and the disputes between the parties minimal. An Attorney is still necessary to draw up the papers and make sure that you have complied with the requirements of the state statutes and the court.

I suggest that you call my office that 212-370-1660 and discuss this matter in more detail.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions