Divorce Solutions

Question #29

hello, my son lives in New York. I was told he has not been going to school he is 15yrs old, he’ll be 16yrs old in Dec. If the mother does not make him go to school, will I have to pay support to her for him. Will this come under without cause, he/she withdraws parental control and supervision. per New York law.

You are required to make all child support payments until you receive an order from the court permitting you to terminate such payment. You may bring a preceding in court to challenge her right to serve as a resident- parent based on the fact that she is neglecting the child and failing to make sure that he attends school as required under law.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions