Divorce Solutions

Question #25

A co-worker is married but wants out of the marriage. He lives and works in New York, and his wife lives and works in Florida. They don’t communicate at all and have not seen each other in almost a year. I believe they have one or two children together, but he hasn’t seen or talked to the children since he left. What does he have to do to get a divorce?

He should try to get in touch with her and convince her of the necessity to finalize their separation and divorce. Without doing so, they remain legally married, and all assets acquired by either of them during the course of this marriage are considered marital property. The other spouse retains an interest in all such assets.

If he is located in the New York City metropolitan area, have him call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter at greater length.

He must get a legal separation and divorce ASAP.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions