Divorce Solutions

Question #212

I got married in Illinois and now live in NY. We own property in Illinois. Can I file for divorce here in NY?

If you are living in NY over two years, you can file in NY

And then have the judgment enforced in IL.

If your divorce took place in NY or you were married in NY, the residency requirement is one year.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions