Divorce Solutions

Question #208

I was married for almost 13 years in NY. We were Legally Separated in August 2007. We both now own our own houses, visitation for children all have been working well for the last four years, and he pays child support directly to me. I want to finalize the divorce and just get this done. What do I need to do to get the divorce finalized? So I need a lawyer to do this? I can’t afford to pay high attorney fees since everything has been worked out for all these years. I’m not sure if anything else needs to be done other than just get it done. Thank you.

You must file for divorce, and I strongly recommend that you use an experienced, matrimonial attorney in your jurisdiction
Who is familiar with the local rules and precisely what has to be done.

It is a matter that is too important to leave to “self-help.”
If you are living in the NYC metro area, please call me at 212-370-1660
To arrange for a meeting to discuss the matter in greater length.

Leonard Weiner, Esq/Divorce Solutions