Divorce Solutions

Question #205

good evening. I have a question about divorce. My situation is: 5 years ago I had been married to a girl( she was from Israel) in NYC than we have a son( he is an American citizen), we lived together like two years and then she took our son and came back to Israel. She doesn’t want to speak to me. We are not in communication at all. Now when I want to get divorced, she doesn‘t want to sign any papers. She does not pick up the phone when I’m calling and ignoring me. I don’t know what to do?? She cannot give me a divorce like 2-3 years, because we are not speaking. She tries to give me a hard time. Do I need to wait until she decides to give me a divorce??? I want to get married again, and I’m in a rush. I will be delighted if you will answer me.

You can file for a contested divorce in NY, but you will have to have her served with the Summons and Complaint in Israel.

If you are located in the NYC metro area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss mediating the divorce.

I can help.

Leonard Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions