Divorce Solutions

Question #204

I am looking to go ahead with getting a divorce from my husband of 20 yrs who left me to move from TX(where I live, to NY(Queens). I want to know can I file for divorce in NY & demand spousal support. During our separation, he caused me to have a nervous breakdown, lost my job of 18yrs with Nordstorm. I am presently under a doctor’s care for shaking spells, etc. I look forward to your response.

If your husband is living in NY for more than two years, or even one year under certain circumstances, you can file in NY, and you would be able to file for spousal support if he was supporting you during your marriage.

Please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter at greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions