Divorce Solutions

Question #19

 I’m married now for five months. Is it possible for me to get an annulment? If so, what can I do if he refuses to sign the annulment papers? Also, is it possible for me to get the annulment without him knowing?

Please review some of the questions and answers on the homepage of my web site regarding annulment. You’ll have to prove some form of fraud or underage or bigamy or meet the other grounds or criteria to get an annulment. Secondly, you will have to inform your spouse, and you’ll have to send him a notice with a summons and Complaint.

If you’re living in the New York City metropolitan area, I strongly suggest you consider mediating your annulment or divorce, which can be done in the quiet call my office instead of in the courtroom. Please call may at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter at greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions