Divorce Solutions

Question #186

We live in Western NY. My spouse is very controlling and mentally abusive. I want a divorce. We have come to a settlement agreement. Once the papers are filed, how long will it be until one of us must move out of the house? 

You should include this matter in the Settlement Agreement.

You can decide precisely who moves and when, however, it is customary that
Once the Judgment of Divorce has been signed by the judge and filed with the County Clerk that you no longer live together.

Consult your lawyer who prepared the Settlement Agreement.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions