Divorce Solutions

Question #15

My husband and I were married in February 1994 in Tennessee. We went our separate ways in that same year, but neither one of us started the divorce proceedings. It is now four years later, and I have resided in New York for over two years, and he in California. We have not spoken or seen each other since 1995. I don’t know where to get the ball rolling to start the divorce proceedings. I just want this to be over. Any information you could provide me would be very helpful and appreciated.

If you are living in New York for over one year, you may file the divorce papers in New York. I strongly suggest that you contact your spouse and have him agree to mediate this divorce. If you are in the New York City metropolitan area, please contact me at 212-370-1660.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions