Divorce Solutions

Question #149

My wife resides overseas we were both born in Caribbean, and married there, I’ve lived outside the matrimonial home for over 9 yrs ,resident of nys for 2yrs,currently in military wants a divorce, How do I go about this? There is a 18yr old child of marriage,no property,no assets . I have two other children outside of marriage and wish to move on, how can she be served? Do I need an attorney or can I file on my own?

You can file in NY . If she is cooperative and wishes a divorce as well, we can
prepare everything in NY without her having to come here and we will discuss the issues by teleconferencing.

Divorce is a serious matter that requires experienced, legal counsel and should not be left to self help.

You want to be assured at the end of the process that you can go on with your life without having these matters
come back to haunt you later in life when you have a new family and spouse.

In order to do so, the Separation Agreement and divorce papers must be prepared properly according to your specific situation and individual family and personal needs. You need experienced legal counsel to do this.

If you are domiciled in the NYC metro area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to arrang for an appointment to discuss the matter in greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions