Divorce Solutions

Question #137

A little over 3 years ago my daughter, a US citizen, moved to the United Kingdom and married. Her husband, 2 1/2 years later, moved to Singapore. She lived in London for 7 months alone then moved to Singapore for one month and now realizes the marriage is over. How, and, where can she file for a legal separation or divorce?

Generally, she should file where she is residing . Each jurisdiction has
its own minimum residency requirements in order to hear the case . For instance, NY requires a minimum of one to two years, depending on certain circumstances.

If she intends to return to NY, have her call me at 212-370-1660
and we can discuss the matter further.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq/Divorce Solutions