Divorce Solutions

Question #133

My husband and I were married in NY, but we live in Arizona and own a house here, can you tell me under what state laws we will have to get divorced under? Also, we do not have kids and are parting amicably and would like to do this as cheap as possible (write our own papers etc.) can you recommend a legitimate website where we can get legal papers to fill out? Thank you.

You will have to file in Arizona if you have been living there for a few years.

I believe Arizona has a simple, no fault divorce procedure. Please contact the
County clerk’s office in your county.

I strongly recommend that you get experienced, matrimonial legal counsel to assist you.

The matter is too important to leave to self help and can come back later in life to haunt you, costing thousands to fix.

Cookie cutter forms with one-size fits all provisions are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs!

Good Luck!

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions