Divorce Solutions

Question #11

Is there any state that offers a quick divorce with a little residence requirement. The problem is that somehow our final divorce papers weren’t filed, and we both are seeing someone else. We would like to get a divorce out of state as not to affect our current interests. Any suggestions.

If both of you are in agreement and wish to divorce immediately and are not concerned that the other party will someday contest the divorce, you can try getting a divorce in Tijuana, Mexico, or try Las Vegas, Nevada.

If there will be a contest regarding marital property, however, most states will require that the matter be settled in its courts where the property is located. If there is total agreement between the parties, the property matter may be resolved in the other foreign forum as well.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions