Divorce Solutions

Question #10

What if two people were married in the Caribbean (both born there), but live in New York, reside there now, and before the marriage took place- What laws do they have to follow for divorce?

If you are living in New York State for over one year, New York will have jurisdiction over your divorce proceeding.

If you are in the New York City metropolitan area, please call me at 212-370-16602 to discuss the matter in more detail.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solution