Question #99: Got married in Florida about 7 years ago. 3 years ago my wife left to NY where her family is and never came back. So I filed for a divorce and she never responded after several attempts to serve her the papers and even posting in the newspaper where she lived. So the judge finally finalized the divorce. Now I am being ordered to court in NY for spousal support or maintenance? Can this be done as we have never lived in NY as a married couple and the divorce is already final in FL.

Try sending the NY Court a copy of your Judgment of Divorce from FL
And the Order from the FL Court regarding spousal support and division of marital assets.

Good Luck!

Leonard Weiner, Esq.?Divorce Solutions