Divorce Solutions

Question #86

 I was married in 2005, and this was based on fraud. Everything about the relationship was a lie, and I quickly looked for legal advice. I was recommended to a lawyer who advised me that the divorce is through the State, and the annulment would have to be done through the church. I thought I was to file for an annulment instead of a divorce so that I can move on as if the marriage never existed, which a marriage really never did exist. Now I come to find that another friend had gotten an annulment through the State. Is there a way I can change my status? I would instead consider the marriage null and void than have a divorce on my record. What can I do? Thanks.

Do not waste your time and money! Be glad you got the divorce and move on with your life.

New York State keeps records of Annulments like it keeps records of Divorces. There is little practical difference between an annulment or a divorce in cases where there are no children and no spousal support issues.

Leonard Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions