Divorce Solutions

Question #73

Hi, I recently have relocated from Lexington Kentucky to West Harrison, New York, due to my husband’s job. My husband is verbally abusive, and I see how this is affecting our three daughters. We’ve only been in New York for two months, and my question is if I wanted to move back to Lexington with my children, do I have that right, or is there some type of legal procedure I need to go through or to get his consent?

Because you are a recent arrival in NY State (i.e., here less than one year), Kentucky, rather than NY, would have jurisdiction over any divorce or custody dispute you may have. However, I strongly recommend that you mediate this matter with your husband
And reach a mutually agreeable arrangement, rather than simply disappearing with the three girls.

Please call me at 212-370-1660 to arrange a meeting for the 3 of us to discuss this matter at greater length.

Leonard Weiner, Esq./ Divorce Solutions