Divorce Solutions

Question #68

My husband & I married in Hyde Park, NY, and his permanent address is Seneca Falls, NY. He is on active military duty, and we reside in Washington, DC (where my permanent address is located). Because of our military situation, where do we file for separation and divorce?

Depending on how long you have been living in Washington, D. C., you can file either in NY of Washington, DC.

I strongly suggest you mediate rather than litigate your divorce. Please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss this.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions