Divorce Solutions

Question #49

How do you prove cruel and inhuman treatment? If it is possible, then do you have to wait a year for the final divorce, or can it be done relatively quickly? Also, if there is no property, no children, and no joint bank account, how can there be a legal separation agreement? Thank you

Convincing testimony heard by a judge proves cruel and inhuman treatment but it must be serious. You do not need eyewitnesses, although that would help. You do not need to wait a full year to file for divorce. There are other issues along with the ones you mentioned that must be spelled out in the Separation Agreement. If you are located in the NYC metropolitan area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss mediating the divorce.
Leonard M. Weiner, Esq. / Divorce Solutions