Divorce Solutions

Question #47

ANNULMENT, I have been married since 4/26/06, and I caught my husband cheating on me on 5/4/06, and he continues. We had an apartment, but now we took different directions. As of June 22, 2006, he left the apartment. I am moving to my own place as of July 1, 2006. I just want to know if I could get an annulment since this happen so soon in the marriage and what are the procedures.

You must fulfill the requirements for grounds for an annulment, which include fraud in the inducement to marry, underage, or bigamy, etc. Please be aware that there are records in New York of annulments as there are records of divorces if your husband has committed adultery, that is grounds for you to proceed to get a divorce.

To determine whether you qualify for an annulment or a divorce, we would have to review the facts in more detail.

I strongly suggest that you mediate your annulment/divorce. It will save you time and money and much aggravation.

If you are living in the New York City metropolitan area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to arrange for a meeting to discuss the matter at greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions