Divorce Solutions

Question #317

My daughter lives in Staten Island NY. She is getting divorced and would like me to buy her husband’s interest in the house. I live in NJ. What is the proper procedure to follow?

To accurately answer your question I must see the deed to see how the property is held, investigate if there is an existing mortgage or liens on the property, and discuss with you the status of the divorce proceedings.

Please call me at 212-370-1660 to arrange for a meeting to discuss this matter in greater detail.

Leonard Weiner. Esq./Divorce Solutions