Divorce Solutions

Question #26

Do I need ex’s consent to move to a new school district, but stay in-state?

To correctly answer your question, I would have to examine your Separation Agreement or Divorce Settlement docs and the Judgment of Divorce to see what you may have agreed upon regarding moving.

Generally, If the move is within proximity of the Non-residential spouse’s home, and it would not seriously interfere with that spouse’s relationship with the child or children, it would be permitted.

Please contact me at 212-370-1660 to arrange for an appointment to discuss this matter in greater length.