Divorce Solutions

Question #23

I am currently considering a separation from my husband. I earn substantially more than he does ($70M vs. $40M). If I retain custody of the children, am I still entitled to child support, and how is child support calculated?

Child support is calculated based on a percentage of the total incomes of both parties; the rate varies depending on the number of children. You could agree to a different amount for child support through a mediated Separation.
The resident parent receives the child support payments from the non-resident parent regardless of the resident parent’s income.

Please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss mediation. I can help.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq. / Divorce Solutions