Divorce Solutions

Question #20

My husband and I have been separated (not a legal separation) for about six years now. We both live in NYC and got married in NYC. I want to file for divorce, but I don’t know his social security number. I have a last known address for him. I know for a fact that he won’t contest the divorce, but he will not give me his SS#. Can I still file divorce papers

I suggest you look back in your records and see if you have any joint tax returns which you may have filed together. Such tax returns will include both yours and his Social Security number. You may also find his Social Security number on a joint bank account, which you may have held together.

Good luck!

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions