Divorce Solutions

Question #18

My husband and I are talking about a divorce. I live in the Metro NY area. This divorce is of his asking. What can I do before speaking with a lawyer to help me secure the house and custody of the children?

Unless there is physical abuse present, do not move out of the house or leave the children for extended periods ( i.e., days) without first having an understanding in writing about the future ownership of the house or custody of the children.

I strongly urge you to consider mediation and give me a call at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter in greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq. Divorce Solutions