Divorce Solutions

Question #106

I got married in the Philippines 2004 and went back to Ireland and got separated in 2-3mos just right after the marriage. I wasn’t able to file a divorce/annulment due to some financial reasons. My question is, can I file for a divorce here iC.ACA. Though I am just on a visitor’s visa? I am about to remarry soon with my fiancee, who is an American Citizen. Please enlighten me. I will greatly appreciate, Many thank’s

Every state has a residency requirement before it will entertain a divorce proceeding. You must be a resident of the state in which you are filing. Where are you living presently, and how long have you lived there? Where are you permanently residing? Where is your legal domicile?

These are all questions that must be ed before a determination can be made where the proper jurisdiction is for you to file for your divorce.

If you are living in the New York City metropolitan area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter at greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./DivorceSolutions