Divorce Solutions

Question #101

 I got married in CA, March 22, 2002. Since then, my husband lost his job twice. In 3 years, I have stayed seven months + 9 months together. He has returned to his home country since April 2004. We both are unhappy with the way things are. He often exhibits violent rage, which makes me afraid to stay with him. He now does not plan to return any more. I want to move on with my life. I will be moving to NY soon. Where & when can I file for separation? 

Every state has different residency requirements before it will hear a divorce or separation matter. When you move to NY, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the issue at greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions