Divorce Solutions

Question #10

What recourse do I have if after my spouse and I arrive at a settlement, he reneges?

You should not enter into a settlement agreement without proper advice and counsel. I recommend that you seek an attorney-mediator who is qualified to mediate between you and your spouse and who will draw up the necessary separation agreement in such legal form that it will legally satisfy the court having jurisdiction over your divorce. This separation agreement should be filed in the appropriate court, and once filed may be enforced by the courts in the event he reneges.