Divorce Solutions

Oct 30, 2018

Oustion#83:My husband and I have been married for 2.5 years and we have a 4 month old daughter. My husband has not worked in a year and I have been paying his child support for another daughter he has as well as the mortgage and all of the bills for some time now. He can work, he just isn’t right now, and if the child support isn’t paid his license will be suspended. We live in NYS, is he obligated to continue to pay child support even though he doesn’t have a job right now? Also, his name is not on the deed or mortgage, can I make him leave the house if we are not divorced yet?

He is obligated to pay the child support until he receives an Order from the Court changing the terms of the the original Order. If he has been trying to find work and has not been able to do so, he can make a motion to the Court to lower his payments. If he just […]

Continue Reading...