Divorce Solutions

Oct 30, 2018

Question #176:Hello, My husband has been served the summons, the divorce has been filed. We were married in 1999. This house was given to me by my father in 1999 before he remarried. My husband refuses to leave. His name is not on the deed. What can I do? Can I call the sheriff or police?

This matter should have been addressed in the Separation Agreement. If it is not, you should have your attorney get a court order instructing your spouse to vacate your home by a date certain. If there is a question of physical abuse or violence, you should immediately call the police and get an order of […]

Continue Reading...