Question #62: SEPARATION: My ex-husband and I have been separated for over 2 years now. We have separation papers that we drew up and signed, but never filed. What do I need to do to file them in NYS? Thank You

You mention that you drew up the Separation papers. It is important that the Separation Agreement be reviewed by a competent attorney to make sure that it satisfies all of the legal requirements and that you have covered all of the significant areas necessary in order to get a legal separation in New York. Separation and Divorce are issues that are too important to leave to self-help .

If you are living in the New York City metropolitan area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to arrange for a meeting to review these documents and to discuss filing the papers.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions