Question #54: I have been legally separated from my wife since July of 2001. She filed for it. We lived in Indiana, but I have moved and now live in New York. I need to file for a divorce but do not know where, NY or IN. We have a 6 year old son.

If you have been living in New York for 2 or more years or even one year, under certain circumstances, you may file for divorce in NY. Otherwise, you may have to file in Indiana. Please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss mediating the divorce. I can help.
Leonard M. Weiner, Esq. /Divorce Solutions