Question #52: I do not have the financial resources to conduct discovery to find my husband’s hidden assets; how do I discover these hidden assets without extensive financial expenses?

Under the laws of the State of New York and many other jurisdictions a party to a divorce may require the other party to execute a sworn net-worst statement in which the executing party swears under oath that he has declared all of his assets. The terms of any settlement shall be conditioned upon the truthfulness of all sworn documents and if at a later time you discover that he had hidden assets you may come back to the court to amend the settlement agreement.
In addition, you may request that the other party answer interrogatories in which you may ask specific questions about hidden bank accounts and other assets you believe he is refusing to acknowledge. You may also request all bank statements and other financial records which you are aware of or believe exist.