Question #52: DIVORCE What should I do if I want to get divorce and my spouse resides in another country? He left me more than a year ago and I’m pretty sure he will agree with the divorce.

You may file for divorce in the state in which you are living. It is not necessary for your spouse to be present, but you will have to serve him with a summons and complaint.
If you are living in the New York City metropolitan area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter at greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions