Question #44: I would like advice on my family situation. Basically me and my husband would like to legally separate and then proceed to divorce after one year. During this year we would like to have joint custody of the 2 kids we have and also to continue to live in the same apartment, but with separate lives. The reason for this is that financially he could not support me if he would move out, and I wouldn’t be able to pay a full-time baby-sitter and pay the rent from my salary. Also, during this year I would like to continue to provide health insurance for my husband. If it’s possible, please let me know to what degree all this is do-able and what do I need to do next. Also, if you could give me price information, that would be great. Thank you very much!

By utilizing my services, it is possible to enter into a Separation Agreement with the terms as you spell them out above, as long as we have the cooperation of both parties. If you’re living in the New York City metropolitan area please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter at greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./ Divorce Solutions