Question #41: We were married and divorced in New York. I am the mother of 2 children whom I agreed would be better off due to financial reasons to stay with their father. Their father and I agreed that child support did not need to be paid to him in exchange that I did not take 1/2 of his stock/pension/etc. that was given to me by the courts. Now, 10 years later, my youngest is 21 years old. What is the time frame that my ex could say he never received child support and then come after me for back support??

Usually the date of emancipation of the children is defined in the Separation Agreement or in the Judgment of Divorce.
It is generally 21 years of age, unless the child is going to college full time or there are some other extenuating circumstances such as the child has a disability or sickness.
This is one of many reasons why it is essential to use an experienced matrimonial attorney to prepare your separation and divorce papers so that you can be certain that all the important matters have been addressed.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions