Question #37: I have my separation papers…they’ve been signed and notarized. Where am I suppose to send them?…I live in Manhattan. Thank you.

Did you have an attorney prepare these “Separation Papers” you refer to? If you are referring to a Separation Agreement, it is essential that the Agreement be prepared by an experienced attorney in your jurisdiction who knows what exactly must be covered. You also should have legal counsel review the document to be sure all of the necessary issues have been properly dealt with and your interests are protected. Assuming you have done all of this, you do not have to send them anywhere.

You will attach a copy to your divorce papers when you file for divorce.

Please call me for an appointment to discuss the matter further.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions